Monday, March 1, 2010

she dreams in color

she dreams in red… [sorry…blame the 90’s station…]



Also, John had a really great idea the other day. I need a name for this blog/email thing – bad. I don’t like calling it a “newsletter”, churches and PTAs send “newsletters”. I also am against naming it anything that involves the letter ‘e’ as an abbreviated form of ‘electronic’ [e-newsletter would be the worst combination there].

That being said, that’s it. And I need your help. I know, I know – you’re all “busy” and “working” and stuff. So, to incent you a bit I’m offering up a gift card to some place Downtown. I haven’t figured out the where yet, or the how much – but we can sort that out later. At least $20, less than $50 [***special note, if any of you kind business owners who read this want to throw something in the pot to sweeten the deal for our fine readers, that’d be okay too.***]. I know you’re all clever people, and you all call this daily thing something different when you talk about it [and, it means the WORLD to me that you talk about it! :)], so pretty please hit “reply” and send me your suggestion. Or a bunch of ideas is okay too. Maybe we can all vote on them at the end of the week - make this a democratic thing?

Thank you!!!

In Downtown News:
Lightner Center voting tomorrow
A little Monday history for you
The Justice Center v. Lightner Center (thanks Tim)

In Raleigh News:
What else you’re missing at City Council this week
They’re looking at the traffic around Crabtree…

In Local-ish News:
We’re still working on that Outer Banks bridge…
So we’re kinda good at snow sports
Michael Jordan bought the Bobcats


In Irrelevant News:
Brian, you were right. I concede. El Nino is to blame for our cold winter.
Caribou Coffee is launching some changes today
Bono and U2 made an obscene amount of money last year

Events:
Pink Floyd Experience at Meymandi tonight
Taste of Thai dinner Tuesday at Duck and Dumpling (thanks Oona)
Robert Mondavi Wine Dinner at Solas on Wednesday
Ignite Raleigh 2 on Wednesday at Lincoln
Woody’s is tapping a Bear Republic IPA on Wednesday
Beer, Bourbon and Chocolate at Saucer on Thursday
Keller Williams at Lincoln on Thursday
Chairmen of the Board at Lincoln on Friday
St. Pattys 8k run at Moore Square on Sunday


Fun Stuff:
BabiesWithLaserEyes.com
PassiveAgressiveNotes.com
Olympic Icons

A comic by a 5 year old
Old photos of London
A virtual reality tour of Greek and Roman theatres

Today’s Sign of the Impending Apocalypse:
Forgive me for today’s. It is a youtube. It is not suitable for the workplace [depending on your workplace]. There is violence. And blood. But it IS a sign of the apocalypse and you may even laugh. And Brian made me promise I’d use it. And I cannot make him forget that I said I would.

Today’s Sign that We Just Might Make it After All:
AND her name is Ashton!?! Solid.


Happy Monday folks!! Hope the weekend was great!

[Now seriously, please send me some name ideas…]


Ashton Mae Smith
http://www.beraleighblog.com/
http://www.glenwoodagency.com/