Friday, December 12, 2008

7am, the garbage truck beeps as it backs up

and I start my day thinking about what I’ve thrown away…

I’ll add this in the beginning, since apparently no one reads the end. I will be out of the office Monday. And perhaps after that, as I fulfill my civic duty of jury-hood. I’ll see what I can do about getting you guys an email. It may come from Tim. Don’t be freaked out….

In Downtown news:
Can you solve the mystery??
Rickshaw Confessions
Your guide to Rock and Shop
Village Kebab on Peace Street

In Raleigh news:
Bill Clinton will speak at State
Duke Energy is renting rooftops
Rachel Ray is in Cary today

In local-ish news:
How do you build the world’s tallest bridge? Rockets. Duh.
They found the oldest human brain
We’ve been here before, haven’t we?


In irrelevant news:
What you ought to be doing instead of your day job
Could birth be more enjoyable?
Madonna is offending God again…

Events:
Go see Christmas Carol
Or see Santaland Diaries

Light it up Live today at Seaboard Station
Cinderella opens tonight
Old Habits is at the Pour House on Friday
Oakwood Candlelight tour this weekend
Rock and Shop is Saturday
Brooks Wood Band is playing their last show at Pour House Saturday


Fun Stuff:
Elf Yourself! Featuring Dan, Steve, Horace, Kino, and Summit (their children)
Let me Google that for you….
For the toast lover in your life
Maybe a little energy drink is worth it [youtube] (thanks Steele)
What Christmas cookie are you?

Today’s Sign of the Impending Apocalypse:
Learn from scrabble! [profanity] (thanks Steve)


Happy Friday folks! Have a good weekend!!



Ashton Mae Smith
www.beraleighblog.com
www.glenwoodagency.com