Monday, March 3, 2008

Monday's Update

Nothing reallllly exciting…

In downtown news:
A little history of the Sir Walter Raleigh statue
Jim Crow in Raleigh
Harvey Street will be open again soon

In Raleigh news:
Jack Johnson is coming to Walnut Creek
Renderings vs. Reality
White House Black Market, The Cameron Bar & Grill and New Palm Avenue will all open in about three weeks.

In local-ish news:
I hope I get to see German Police dogs in shoes!
I think we've all felt like this once or twice
44 year old woman is a professional boxer

In irrelevant news:
My favorite part is that IHOP shares fell after announcing Green Eggs and Ham
It will be another Spears boy
Crazy Japanese...

Baltimore Love
Apparently it’s worth a visit...

Events:
Phil Vassar is playing a free show at Dorton Arena the 15th
Michael Buble will be in Charlotte on the 18th
Big Bad Ball will be October 4th

Fun Stuff:
I just wanted to play tag....I never thought I'd be it (thanks Katie)

Today’s Sign of the Impending Apocalypse:
He was 63!!

I guess now is as good time as any to warn you that your daily dose of entertainment will be on hiatus for a few weeks beginning Thursday the 6th as I traipse around Europe causing as much ruckus as possible. Though, as I will have only minimal time to keep up with my beloved downtown, please pass along any good headlines you come across.

Happy Monday!!